by thought leader and business expert Larry Scherzer.
In the Trenches will bring you regular feedback from leading business authority and thought leader, Larry Scherzer. He is President of Scherzer International, a background screening and risk management company, and has served in various board positions for banks and non-profits. Before founding Scherzer International, Mr. Scherzer was a tax partner with the international public accounting firm of Arthur Young & Company (now EY), and later the EVP and CFO of Products Research & Chemical Corporation. He also co-founded Verdugo Banking Company, where he served as Vice-Chairman until its sale in 2004, and served as former president of the EY Alumni Council of greater Los Angeles.
- 4 Critical Reasons Why Small Businesses Should Revisit IT Security NowHow should small business leaders think about mitigating information security risk—and with all that’s going on in our pandemic world, why now? It’s a tough problem. Between reports of hackers […]
- Fostering Change From WithinA topic of much discussion within our company as of late has been, “How can we make a difference to help end racial injustice and inequality?” Our company has always […]
- Return to WorkChances are you’ve already invested a lot of time, energy, and maybe money, too, to shift at least some portion of your staff to a remote work environment during the […]
- How do you define ‘brand’?I have been thinking a lot about what makes a great brand, and in particular, how does a service business capitalize on it. I asked a good friend of mine, […]
- LeadershipLeadership is a subject I’ve thought a lot about over the years. I have the good fortune to work with some excellent leaders…and some that never thought about the subject […]
- Culture eats strategy for breakfastLast week, I participated in a meeting where a business consultant stated that they advised their clients in late March to start furloughing or terminating employees. This has been the […]
- Short-Term Business Outlook UnsettlingThis past week the increases in the stock market averages reflect optimism about the “resetting of America” and consequently, possible medical solutions to lessen the economic impact of COVID-19. I […]
- Multi-TaskingI recently started to read a book where my first impression was that I did not agree with the author’s premises. One premise is that multi-tasking is ineffective. You need […]
- Does Every Goal Need to be Measured?I am no longer sure that it makes sense to measure every corporate goal. My gut tells me that sometimes a better result is to agree upon a process to […]